Thursday 7 September 2017

Displaying parameter variables in a window - WSLDIAL error

I was working with Clarion for Windows version 9.1. I encountered the cryptic WSLDIAL internal error 1 error.

Doing some research on Google, I learned that this error had to do with errors in the WINDOW definition. The articles that I encountered during my search mentioned having in the WINDOW definition some USE properties with a leading ? before the variable name where none should have been. This was not my issue.

My issue turned out to be that procedure parameter variables were being used in the USE properties of the WINDOW definition. I declared some local variables that could accommodate the values in the procedure parameters. Assigned the parameter values to their corresponding local variables, and used these local variables in the WINDOW definition. Once this was done, the WSLDIAL error disappeared.

No comments:

Post a Comment